Monday 15 October 2012

I had the weekend off.

If you're wondering why I didn't post my sermon from last Sunday... I didn't preach! I had the Sunday off and Pr. John Boehmer graciously covered for me.

I was taking part in the reenactment of the Battle of Queenston Heights in Queenston, ON, on the Niagara River. 200 years ago, to the day, the battle was fought there. An American invasion of Canada was defeated by British regular troops, Canadian militia, and First Nations warriors. General Sir Isaac Brock, the senior military office and the govenour of Upper Canada (today's Ontario) was killed leading a charge.

If we do nothing else, let us pray for peace... between Canada and the United States and within the nations, and for peace in the entire world.

The old song says "Let there be peace on earth... and let it begin with me." Peace be with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment