Thursday 30 September 2021

A Moment Aside for 30 September 2021

 A Moment Aside --- 30 September 2021

 

  

The Holy Scriptures answer many questions while bringing up new questions at the same time. That collection of books does not tell us how to safely “get to heaven.” The focus is far more earth-bound.

How shall I live out my days? Whom should I be kind to? What does God require of me? (Look at Micah 6:8 -- He has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? – Sounds all here and now to me!)

The Scriptures tell us how to have Heaven start here, just like our Baptism brings us into the Kingdom of God even though not perfectly. Perfection is not the point. Direction and example are the points.

So let us read the Scripture with new eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment