Monday 2 December 2013

2013 Deutsche Adventsfeier

On Sunday, St. John's held our annual Adventsfeier. I'm given to understand that this is an old German custom of celebrating Advent in song, poetry, coffee, and pastry. I'm also given to understand that this has not be a long-standing custom at St.John's... which surprises me. It's a beautiful custom and the people who attend enjoy it very much. They make allowances for lack of German vocabulary and grammer (and in fact agreed that I need a dictionary) and they tolerate my Irish ways very kindly.

A few photos were shared: 

Elfriede and Colin. Elfriede is a strong force for keeping these customs alive
and she does a fine job.

The Adventsfeier going strong.

"Kaffeetaffel"
Anyone for Kipfle? Pfeffernussen? Stollen? Nussroll?


No comments:

Post a Comment