Sunday 29 April 2012

One of the Pastor's upcoming events

I will admit that this is a blog post that will blow my own horn a bit. However... if any of the readers would wish to see me or the members of my family in a completely different light, I'd like to invite you to the "Battle of Longwoods", a reenacting event rather close to London and other places in south-western Ontario, at the Longwoods Conservation Area. For the schedule of events, I'll refer you to this website:

http://www.royal-scots.com/id5.html

(the Royal Scots or the Upper Thames Military Reenactment Society sponsor this event yearly.)

My wife and I will be helping with the 'education day' on Friday, May 4th At the Longwoods Conservation Area, but that event is not open to the public and is put on for educational purposes for local schools. Saturday and Sunday are open to all and the schedule may be seen on the website linked above.
It is a very different day and if history interests you, come out and see.


My son, Robby and I in "Regimentals"


Rob was 'captured' by First Nations warriors
 and exchanged for a musket


Katie in camp gear


Beth and I - I'm in an old uniform


I might - might! - put too much powder in the pan.


No comments:

Post a Comment