Tuesday 16 November 2021

A Moment Aside for 16 November 2021

 A Moment Aside --- 16 November 2021

 


  My father always love cardinals. We had a pair who nested in the fire thorn bush in our back yard. They were always around all year long and Dad fed them and the other hardy birds who wintered in our neighborhood.

Some people say that to see a cardinal is a sign that a loved one who has passed is looking in on us. I have no idea whether or not that is true. If it provides some comfort for you, by all means, go ahead and hang on to that.

The fidelity to place of the cardinal is another factor. They stick around through the toughest winter weather, although I’m sure they’re not silly and go to ground in nasty weather. Still, they remain, none-the-less.

In that we could take them as signs of God’s grace and presence. We have no reason not to. Again if it is a comfort for you, hang on to that.

I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment