Sunday 15 March 2020

In your face, Virus!


Because of the mess of the Covid-19 virus and all the cancellations that are flowing from it, I'm sending this out to say...

St. John's has suspended services until Palm Sunday... 
unless the council and I announce changes.

 I hope to write an "un-heard" sermon for each Sunday and then send some prayer-ish entries during the week for as long as the shut-down goes. It's a sorry replacement for actual worship, but it's the best I can do for now.

So...
  • Pray for each other and for those who are suffering beyond some minor inconveniences. Italy and Spain are closed to the world. China is in recovery. The "elderly", those with breathing problems, or possibly infants are all at risk. That's the reason St. John's council and I agreed to suspend worship.
  • Check in with shut-in folks and stay safe yourselves. In Aylmer, Terrace Lodge is locked down, and although the Chartwell home is not, it would not come as a great surprise to me if that changed.
  • Don't panic buy. The stores will restock. (If you are hoarding to resell at a premium, we'll need to have a long talk! But none of you would do that.)
  • Wash your hands often and completely. Washing actually is better than using hand sanitizer.
I've developed a collection of things I've found to be inspirational (like the quote from J.R.R. Tolkien at the top of this note.) I'll be sharing those - short, pithy, memorable... to me anyway.

I hope to see you all in the light of day again soon.

John Goldsworthy 


Spring will come! Never fear!

No comments:

Post a Comment