Thursday 30 April 2020

A Moment Aside ---- 30 April 2020


Psalm 23 is a favourite of many people. Here is a version of it that I happen to enjoy:


Like a Shepherd. 
Text: Isaiah, Ezekiel, Matthew; Bob Dufford, SJ. 
Tune: Bob Dufford, SJ; 
(c) 1976, Robert J. Dufford, SJ, and OCP.
REFRAIN: Like a shepherd He feeds his flock
and gathers the lambs in His arms,
holding them carefully close to His heart,
leading them home.
Say to the cities of Judah:
Prepare the way of the Lord.
Go to the mountaintop, lift your voice;
Jerusalem, here is your God.
I Myself will shepherd them,
for others have led them astray.
The lost I will rescue and heal their wounds
and pasture them, giving them rest.
Come unto Me
if you are heavily burdened,
And take My yoke up on your shoulders,
I will give you rest.

Once again, I'll be leading a Service of Word and Prayer on Sunday, May 3 at 11:00am on the Church's YouTube channel. You can find that here:

God be with you all and we'll see each other again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment