Thursday 31 December 2020

A Moment Aside for December 31, 2020

 

A Moment Aside --- 31 December 2020

 


   I know life is hard. I know that things go wrong. I know many of us are in pain, lonely, exhausted, and angry. I know all of these things… from personal experience, believe it or not.

   Wouldn’t it be nice to change that? Wouldn’t it be nice to wake up one morning and see the sun shine? See the plants sway in a gentle breeze? To see a truly new day?

   Maybe we can’t. Maybe it isn’t possible.

Maybe it is… for just one day.

   After all one day is all we really have. The past has slipped from our grasp and the future remains out of reach, except for the one second we experience every second.

   Maybe, just maybe, in that second, the world is new. The day is new. And as we count time, the year is new.

   May tomorrow be really new to us all.

I am about to do a new thing;
    now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness
    and rivers in the desert.
                                                  (Isaiah 43:19)

 

And the one who was seated on the throne said, 

“See, I am making all things new.”

                                                                                            (Revelation 21:5)

 

Happy New Year everyone!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment