Thursday 10 December 2020

Our Advent Calendar --- 11 December 2020

 

Dec 11 – Friday

 

All-powerful God,

help us to look forward in hope

to the coming of our Saviour.

May we live as he has taught,

ready to welcome him with burning love and faith.

We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,

who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,

one God, for ever and ever.

 

Philippians 3:12-16

12 Not that I have already obtained this or have already reached the goal; but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. 13 Beloved, I do not consider that I have made it my own; but this one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus. 15 Let those of us then who are mature be of the same mind; and if you think differently about anything, this too God will reveal to you. 16 Only let us hold fast to what we have attained.

 

 

I don't think we'll understand Advent correctly until we see it as a preparation for a revolution.

-          Robert Barron

No comments:

Post a Comment