Friday 11 December 2020

Our Advent Calendar --- 12 December 2020

 

Dec 12 – Saturday

 

Lord,

Let your glory dawn to take away our darkness.

May we be revealed as the children of light

at the coming of your Son,

who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,

one God, for ever and ever.

 

Habakkuk 3:17-19

17 Though the fig tree does not blossom,
    and no fruit is on the vines;
though the produce of the olive fails,
    and the fields yield no food;
though the flock is cut off from the fold,
    and there is no herd in the stalls,
18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord;
    I will exult in the God of my salvation.
19 God, the Lord, is my strength;
    he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
    and makes me tread upon the heights.

 

 

By his own will Christ was dependent on Mary during Advent: he was absolutely helpless; he could go nowhere but where she chose to take him; he could not speak; her breathing was his breath; his heart beat in the beating of her heart.... In the seasons of our Advent - waking, working, eating, sleeping, being - each breath is a breathing of Christ into the world.

-          Caryll Houselander

No comments:

Post a Comment